Friday, August 27, 2010

Art 18

All those food pictures from... was it June? May? Something like that. Anyway. I've drawn... I drew... what is it the correct way to say that, anyway? I've imaged some stylised versions of the pills that are in most of the photos (26 out of about 33), and arranged them in the configuration in which the pills appear in the photos. Now I'm not entirely sure what to do with 'em...

In other news, I've finally decided what to carve in a piece of driftwood I found a couple years ago. A mermaid. Obvious, right? :) Have drawn on the wood with marker pen, to show which areas I'll need to carve out. Will leave the base of the wood and part of the sides uncarved. Sort of a bas-relief thing. I have very very little experience carving wood, so it should be interesting.

The postcards! At least two have arrived, but I still haven't put photos of them on the computer yet. I'll remember one day, I'm sure. Will have an opportunity to draw up a few more soon. Must remember to photograph them, too.

Still working on the cryptomnesia collage thing. I have a whole bunch of... I guess digital cut-outs, that I'm using (without referencing any of the original owners. Eeep! But that's sort of the point - cryptomnesia, as a thing in itself, is closely associated with plagiarism.) Now I'm cutting up the cut-outs further. The next stage will be to assemble them into some sort of picture. Haven't actually decided what the picture should be of, yet... Will load 'em all into gimp and play around, most likely.

Second Life stuff. Making very slow progress on the texture for an underwater grating thing. This is what I have so far:

Wasn't happy with that, and couldn't quite figure out why, so I googled some pictures of octopussies. Got the tentacles all wrong.








Also in SL, I've finished playing with shapes, and have a bunch of screen shots of things, which I'll load in the next post.

2 comments:

  1. oh...what a pity that you had to paint it over. Did you make a picture? I'm so happy that I found the pictures. The wardrobe is still in my parents' cellar but it's great to have the photo of the unfinished painting.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much! It was hard work because I almost got a cold standing on my terrace in the middle of the night. Accompanied by hundreds of gnats I'm allergic to.
    :-)))

    ReplyDelete