Monday, September 27, 2010

Art 27

Some time ago - about two weeks, maybe? - I was going to write a post bewailing the loss of a ball of yarn. But I decided first that I'd draw the ball of yarn in Paint. And I thought, hey, I might as well make it look good, put a bit of detail into it. So here it is, two weeks later, and I still haven't finished the bloody picture! Why can't I be satisfied with a few squiggles? Sigh.

Well, here's the story of how I lost my ball of yarn.

I don't usually knit, because I find it inexecrably- er, just a little bit tedious. However, it's quite good for long car rides (I'm a perpetual passenger). On the last few long car rides I've worked on a particular knitting project. I had a ball of yarn, a beautiful rich red. It wasn't twisted quite enough, so I was knitting it into a sort of one-stitch-wide rope. The plan was then to use that to make a handbag or something.

This is where the Paint picture of yarn is supposed to go. Here it is so far, anyway. The blob in the upper left corner is a colour that isn't on the Paint colour pallette thingy. The very thin line is a sort of guide, to remind me where I want the yarn to go. The thick grey lines are knitting needles. The red bits are the yarn!




Anyway. Sitting in the passenger seat, I tucked the ball of yarn between me and the car door. We stopped at a gas station for things*, and I stayed in the car knitting. The purchaser of the things then knocked on my window, wanting to store said things in the back seat. I opened the door, the ball of yarn rolled out, I didn't notice until we arrived at our destination... Poor lost ball of yarn.
* - tasty things

***
In other news, my sister recently disposed of a few paint rags that refused to absorb any more paint. That is, she kindly gave them to me. I'll sew them together into (a handbag or) something.

In other other news, here are the sketches I did a couple weekends ago.

Steadfast tin soldier



Embryo in light bulb



Scooter


Still working on the cryptomnesia piece. It's becoming difficult to work on anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment