Thursday, December 2, 2010

Art 34

Surrounded by art. Every where I look there are examples of art. And design, functional or otherwise, which I tend to consider in the same light as art. The only way for me to not see deliberately created art is to go somewhere wild, and even then the urge to take a photo for use in art later is very hard to resist. It's wonderful.

Here are a few things I've seen around the place that I guess could be called non-intentional art.



Some fish. Tentatively thinking of doing a painting of one these photos.

The shadow of the tree reminded me of veins. In the gardens of a hospital, so kind of appropriate.

Have to admit, this is my favourite. Layers of peeling paint on a wall. Zombie sheep!

In other news, still repairing my handbag. Taking the opportunity to add some pockets to it. Will it ever be done?

1 comment:

  1. thank you for your December 14 comment.

    re: Gregory Maguire's Oz trilogy

    curiously Brrr reads as a combination of W.W. Denslow's beribboned lion and Bert Lahr.

    'Wicked' is my emotional favorite. 'Witch' and 'Lion' are equally detailed and compelling.

    ReplyDelete