Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Art 44

Discovered some new (new to me) music - Fever Ray. Brilliantine, shadowy, somehow air and earth at the same time. Contradictory, I guess. And cool. The few accompanying video clips I've seen so far are amazing, too. This one is Stranger Than Kindness:



I love the feeling that it's a piece of story, that there's a beginning and an end - an explanation - somewhere we can't see.


Meanwhile... I finally got around to doing a little more work on a texture I've been making for Second Life. The octopus one, remember? As referenced in this post. Quite pleased with how it's turning out.
Look, i figured out where to put the trident!



I'm also trying* to finish something in time for Xmas. I've planned two different things - a slightly creepy picture, and a sort of slick, modish one. Both digital photo-collages. Have made progress on the slightly creepy one so far. Creepy... actually, I find it amusing. It's called Christmas Is Coming To Get you, and features a kind of Xmas golem.
*-sort of. It's possible I'm a little lazy and/or distracted.
The snow-covered pines are sourced from morguefile, a lovely free photo reference place.
I haven't started the slick, modish one yet, which is a little unfortunate, given that i was planning to use it as xmas cards this year.

That's it for now. I'll try to post again before Xmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment